We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This Christmas’ 3 Best Gifts For Hikers
What were your best gifts for hikers this Christmas? Which hiking gift did you really like that you gave or received?
Gifts I Gave
Giving, just as much fun as getting! My girlfriend needed some gear upgrades this Christmas. Two of the gear upgrades she needed included new hiking boots and new hiking socks.
The boots I gave her were the Moab II Mid Waterproof hiking boots for women.
The Moab II waterproof women’s hiker gives you a comfortable hike right out of the box!. The hiking boot uses durable leather. The boot includes a supportive footbed, and Vibram® for better traction. More than 20 million hikers have worn and enjoyed the Moab boot since it was introduced.
- Water sealed out and moisture escapes so you stay dry when you hike.
- Performance suede leather and mesh upper
- Bellows and a closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Breathable mesh lining
- EVA contoured footbed with added zonal arch and heel support
- Molded nylon arch shank
- Air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- EVA midsole for stability and comfort
- Vibram® sole for better traction
- 5mm lug depth for better grip
- Weight: 2lb / 904G
Several features make this hiking boot one of the best gifts for hikers. First, Merrell considers how a woman’s foot is different from a man’s foot. A woman’s foot has unique physical features. A Woman’s foot is not just a smaller version of a man’s foot.
The Moab II gives you a lot of comforts right out of the box. The boot provides a lot of padding without being heavy. The tongue’s generous padding makes the boots very comfortable on the top of your foot. The Moab’s also give your heel and underfoot good support. In addition, the boots also provide adequate ankle support.
For a modest investment, the Women’s Moab II provides a lot of comfort and quality.
Smartwool hiking socks make a great hiking sock choice. Smartwool uses Merino wool. The wool handles moisture better than cotton. Merino wool also keeps your foot comfortable in all kinds of weather.
For more details about Smartwool socks, read this post. The post also includes a Darn Tough sock review, another great sock choice!
This women’s Smartwool hiking sock features heavy, full-cushioning that absorbs shock as you hike. The sock also provides insulation against the elements. Additionally, this sock gives your foot support as you hike rugged trails. An arch brace holds the sock in place. The brace also gives your foot additional support.
What Did I Receive?
When hiking in the UK this summer, I wanted to avoid checking any luggage. I bought an economical hiking pole when we arrived. I left the pole in the UK, again to avoid checking luggage. The REI Co-op Passage Trekking Poles were a thoughtful, useful Christmas gift.
REI’s Passage Trekking Poles offer features that let you have a comfortable hike. Features that include:
- Grips with durable, long-lasting rubber construction
- Ergonomically shaped grips for added comfort
- Grips that are comfortable for many different positions and hand sizes
- The Passage Trekking poles use flip locks for easy length adjustments on the trail.
- The poles also include baskets that make it easier when you hike trails with soft soil.
- The Passage poles feature comfortable, slightly stretchy wrist straps.
What Friends And Relatives Received … And Liked
The Anker Charger offers you a rugged, reliable power source for charging. Use the PowerCore+ to charge your power-hungry laptop or phone when on the trail. When you hike, give yourself “power freedom”! Set yourself free on the trail with 26,800mAh … enough power to keep your phones and tablets charged for a week. Also, you can give your USB-C laptop over 1 full charge.
From ANKER, America’s leading USB charging brand, you get:
- Faster and safer charging with advanced technology
- 20 million+ happy users and counting
- Two USB ports that give you faster-charging speeds for phones and tablets.
- The USB-C port charges compatible devices such as a MacBook, phones, and tablets.
- Very fast, Triple-Speed Recharge – with the included USB-C wall charger, the PowerCore+ provides 27 watts of power to fully charge in just over 4 hours. That’s 3x faster than other portable chargers of with the same capacity!
- Superior Safety – Anker’s technology combines:
- surge protection
- short circuit prevention
The classic TruArc3 scouting compass has modern updates. The baseplate compass has:
- The TruArc Global Needle system that works in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres.
- Metric and Standard scales
- No-frills reliability
- Dimensions: 2.5” x 3.5” x 0.5” (6.3 x 8.9 x 1.3cm)
- Weight: 1.1 ounces (31 grams)
These helpful features make this compass one of the best gifts for hikers!
The YETI Rambler® 14 oz. – Yeti made this mug the toughest, most rugged hiking/camping mug you ever need.
The mug has a double-wall vacuum-insulated body. The mug’s body protects your hands from hot or cold contents. The mug also keeps coffee, chili, oatmeal – you name it – well-insulated. The mug’s wide opening also makes the contents easily accessible.
It is fun to give and receive! Any of these gifts make a useful addition to your hiking gear.
Pin this post for later.